Danish courses in Helsingør
Who can apply?
From 1 July 2021, we are offering intensive Danish courses in Helsingør (Elsinore). The Danish language courses are offered in collaboration with the municipalities Helsingør, Fredensborg and Hørsholm. You can choose between daytime- or evening classes.
Our Danish language courses are for all foreign residents above the age of 18 who have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish education.
To speak or not to speak
At Speak, we speak Danish from the moment you walk through the door. This will allow you to get by in Danish quickly. We have vast experience with teaching Danish and we know that it works. We will work with your oral and writing skills and we attach great importance to providing you with a correct pronunciation.
You will learn Danish in a classroom setting with other students. This will enable you to expand your network in Denmark and meet other internationals in your area. You might have classmates that are not at the same level as you. Therefore, we will adapt the tuition individually to make sure that you can attend the module tests and final examination as soon as possible.
Danish Education 1, 2 & 3
At Speak Helsingør, we offer Danish classes in all 3 Danish Educations; 1, 2 & 3.
Danish Education 1 & 2 consist of 6 modules. Danish Education 3 consists of 5 modules + an extra module, that you can attend at one of our other departments (The Higher Education Examination). Each module is concluded with a module test.
Danish language examinations
All 3 Danish Educations are concluded with an official Danish language examination. The examination is free of charge if you participate in the final module. Read more about the examinations and what they give access to here.
The practicalities (as of January 2022)
- You can start 1-2 weeks after your interview with a language consultant;
- DU 1, 2 & 3, all modules: 3 x week : 9 – 13.30
- DU3, modules 1 & 2: 2 x week (Mondays & Thursdays) : 17 – 19.30
- DU2, all modules: 2 x week (Mondays & Thursdays) : 17 – 19.30
- DU1, modules 4, 5 & 6: 1 x week : 17 – 19.30
- DU3, modules 3, 4 & 5: 1 x week (Mondays) : 17 – 19.30 + online assignments
- Courses are free of charge if you have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish language lessons. However, you must pay a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,-. See deposit rules here.
- Au pairs, residents referred under the Integration Act or recipients of unemployment benefit are exempt from paying the deposit.
- If you are not entitled to Danish language lessons, the courses cost DKK 124,- per lesson.
The prices include participation in module tests and the final Danish examination.
Rules relating to Danish language courses
You are required to complete your Danish language course within the deadlines of a so-called klippekort (a voucher system). This means, for example, that you have specific deadlines to complete the individual modules of your course and the course in its entirety:
– If you are a self-supporting student (incl. an au pair), the general rule is that you must complete your Danish language course within 3½ years.
– If you are referred under the Integration Act, the general rule is that you must complete your Danish language course within 5 years.
You need to attend an interview with a language consultant, before you can enrol.